Monday, October 8, 2012

Ghost in the Land of Skeletons


The structure of Ghost in the Land of Skeletons throws me off, but what is being said does intrigue me. Phrases such as “flesh’s pretty paint” and “a spectral game of hide and seek” make me smile through the image it illustrates. I imagine the warm and cool tones within skin and the sense of life it suggests. The speaker is fascinated by death yet scared. He enjoys observing paranormal quirks; the thought of becoming a ghost puts him at ease, eliminating the fear of dying. The ending hints he failed to acknowledge and accept that he is already dead. The man that approached the speaker and asked, “Do you ever feel like you’re a ghost?” mocks and laughs at the speaker’s ignorance. The accompany artwork doesn't do much for the poem to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment